- On 18 March 2014, I published my investigation into the activities of military charity Families of the Brave and their official professional fundraiser, Sterling Support. (https://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/families-of-the-brave-shows-how-hard-it-is-to-give-with-confidence/) There I revealed the striking similarities with the Afghan Heroes case. Following that post, a password is now required to view the Sterling Support homepage. (https://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/password-required-to-view-sterling-support-website/)
- In my post on Families of the Brave, I described my efforts to get hotel Hilton Blackpool to answer a public interest question. The “Events” page on the charity’s website states that on 20 December 2013 it held its “Christmas Ball” at the hotel. After repeated requests, Hilton Blackpool finally declined to say whether that event really did take place there. I observed how Families of the Brave provides no other details about the purported event and only one photo – of what seems to be a generic function room, empty (without people) and unidentified. As I said, it could be anywhere.
- I am grateful to “Anon again” for their same-day comment on my 18 March 2014 post identifying the source of the photo: the website of the company Weddings By Design, also in Blackpool.
- On 19 March 2014, I emailed Weddings By Design to ask whether the company was involved with the Families of the Brave “Christmas Ball”. I gave the link to my post on the charity.
- On 26 March 2014, I called Weddings By Design, not having received a reply. “Victoria” told me she hadn’t got the email and requested that I send it again. Having confirmed the email address on the phone, I sent her another message that day.
- It’s now another week later and I still haven’t heard anything…