- The Afghan Heroes website (http://www.afghanheroes.org.uk) has changed again, after yesterday. (https://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/afghan-heroes-interim-managers-instruction-on-website/)
- There the Interim Manager that the Charity Commission appointed to the charity 5 February 2014 (https://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/charity-commission-appoints-interim-manager-to-afghan-heroes/) has today (8 April 2014) issued a clarification. [I say “today”, but his clarification is undated.]
- “No decision has been taken to close the charity, although I have concluded that the charity’s operations are not viable or sustainable in their present form and have begun winding these down to reduce costs”, he says. On fundraising, the Interim Manager adds: “At this stage I have suspended further fundraising activities and will not look to accept any donations until further notice.”
- He finishes: “…the Charity Commission’s investigation continues”.
- I note that the Interim Manager has removed an email address he had previously published there.
- My report yesterday did NOT say that the charity has been closed.