- On 23 June 2014, I received a comment at my “Contact Me” page bringing to my attention the charity Open Doors (registered charity number: 1006623). Please read the comment from “General”.
- The Open Doors website is http://www.open-doors.org.uk. As you can see, the homepage shows the Union flag and a saluting soldier in silhouette. In the top-left corner, there is a link “Supporting our Heroes”. The “Supporting our Heroes” page states: “Our fundraising is simple, we sell skill prize draw tickets, you answer a simple question and then you just sit back and wait for the draw date.” (http://www.open-doors.org.uk/supporting-our-heroes)
- Although Open Doors is in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex there is still a Blackpool connection (Please see my posts with the Blackpool tag.) The charity’s official professional fundraiser, Dove Promotions Ltd, is based in Thornton-Cleveleys, part of the Blackpool Urban Area. A new company, incorporated 22 January 2014, Dove Promotions Ltd doesn’t have a website.
- The “skill prize draw” Terms and Conditions on the Open Doors website don’t say how much of the £2.50 ticket price goes to the charity. (http://www.open-doors.org.uk/skill-prize-draw/terms-conditions)
- David Papagavriel is the public contact for the charity, according to the Charity Commission website. On 24 June 2014, I emailed him for the proportion (firstname.lastname@example.org).