- On 16 July 2014, I reported my suspicions about a new children’s charity, Smiling Faces Children’s Foundation (SFCF) and its official professional fundraiser, Support Aid. Celebrity Valerie Singleton is patron of SFCF. (https://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/why-is-valerie-singleton-patron-of-smiling-faces-childrens-foundation/) I also documented changes to the SFCF website two days later. (https://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/smiling-faces-childrens-foundation-whither-the-head-of-fundraising-and-support-aid/)
- The original SFCF homepage, http://smilingfaces.org.uk, has apparently disappeared. It now says only: “The SFCF website is not available for public view for the time being.” (There is no date.) So much for transparency and accountability.
- The Support Aid website, http://www.supportaid.co.uk, has altered again since July too. On 16 July 2014, it suddenly said only: “Website under revision”. Well, now visitors are told: “Website is Offline.” (There is no date.) Again, so much for transparency and accountability.
- The entry for SFCF on the Charity Commission charity register is unchanged.
- Oh Valerie! This summer, Ms Singleton wouldn’t tell me why she chose to be patron of SFCF. Perhaps now she could also explain what exactly is happening at the charity. No one else is.