- “We’re happy to answer questions about our fundraising”, says charity Cancer Recovery Foundation – UK. But it isn’t.
- Prize Promotions Limited of Blackpool hasn’t just been an official professional fundraiser for military charities Afghan Heroes and Our Local Heroes Foundation. It also worked with Cancer Recovery Foundation – UK (registered charity number: 1105703), as I noted in January. (See para 34 in https://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/the-fundraiser-the-comedian-and-the-ex-cabinet-minister-the-tale-of-a-military-charity/)
- The charity now says that Prize Promotions Limited organised one prize draw only on its behalf, that on 8 June 2013. (http://cancerrecovery.org.uk/prizepromotionsdraw/june2013)
- “We’re happy to answer questions about our fundraising”, proclaims Cancer Recovery Foundation – UK. (http://cancerrecovery.org.uk/fundraisingmethods/faqs) On 11 November, I emailed to ask why it had stopped working with Prize Promotions Limited. Not receiving a reply, I asked again a week later, 18 November. Again, no response.
- Despite what it says, Cancer Recovery Foundation – UK isn’t always “happy to answer questions about our fundraising”.