- Prize Promotions Limited, the notorious Blackpool-based professional fundraiser, is in administration as of 14 January 2015, according to Companies House records (company number: 07829587).
- This blog has exclusively revealed how Prize Promotions Limited has consistently misled the public across the UK in its rip-off fundraising activities, often working illegally.
- It has been the official professional fundraiser for two “heroes” military charities, first Afghan Heroes and then Our Local Heroes Foundation. I first wrote about Prize Promotions Limited and its role with Afghan Heroes January 2014, just after the Charity Commission announced December 2013 that it had opened a statutory inquiry into Afghan Heroes. That inquiry continues.
- On 9 November 2014, I appeared as a live studio guest on 5 live Investigates, the BBC Radio 5 live programme. There we exposed Prize Promotions Limited and its work for the two military charities. In my last post, I described how at December 2014 Our Local Heroes Foundation was still working with Prize Promotions Limited, despite telling BBC Radio 5 live at the start of November that it would stop doing so. Perhaps the charity has now.
- Yet at 27 January 2015 Prize Promotions Limited is still apparently recruiting staff to work on behalf of Our Local Heroes Foundation: see its recruitment website, http://www.blackpoolsalesjobs.co.uk/prizepromotions.php.